By now, you’ve seen the news that IBM and HCL announced a definitive agreement, through which HCL will acquire IBM’s AppScan, BigFix, Marketing Software (Unica), Commerce, Portal and Web Content Manager, Notes/Domino/Sametime, and Connections. The transaction is expected to close in mid-2019, subject to completion of applicable regulatory reviews. See this press release for more details.
Customer, partner, and employee reactions to the announcement have been very positive. We view this as a natural extension of our ongoing commitment to provide the Collaboration products and community with first class innovation and technical support.
Since September of 2017, through an IP Partnership with IBM, HCL has been providing development and support for Notes, Verse, Domino, Sametime, and IMC . We took this privilege to heart, further invested in the development and support organization and quickly moved to:
1. Released IBM Notes and IBM Domino V10 in October 2018. The first major release in 7 years, focused on quality and out promise
2. Delivered innovation through the release of IBM Domino Mobile Apps. Your IBM Domino Application delivered on your iPad, delivering on a mobility promise
3. Continued to invest in support responsiveness and simplified process
4. Introduced Client Advocacy to our customers for increased communications with the development lab
5. Launched the inaugural Factory Tour of our development facility and connected customers and partners to the development teams directly
This acquisition will further our focus on the Domino platform (on premises and cloud) as a low-code, modern and state-of-the-art application development platform and messaging solution. At the same time, it allows other products in the portfolio to augment and consolidate around a strong vision on how the Domino platform will grow in new directions in the future.
Until the transaction closes, please consider everything business as usual, with IBM, HCL and partners providing our respective solutions. Please continue using current support channels. If you’re expanding your implementation or renewing new licenses, please stay the course.
Feel free to reach to us personally with questions and stay tuned for information about our upcoming event in Europe at the end of February and our presence at Think 2019. We continue to support our customers and our business with the same passion and innovation that has been a constant for us since the first IP partnership.
Richard Jefts Francois Nasser
GM & Vice President Development Vice President Sales and Services